Very difficult, training required
Ski touring experience required
Double rooms & Mountain Hut
2-4 people per guide
August - September - October
Reception at “Temuco Airport”* and transfer to Malalcahuello. Briefing with your guide; equipment check and details of the program. Dinner & Lodging at Hostería.
Ski touring at Volcán Lonquimay (2865m). Optional Hot Springs. Dinner & Lodging at Hostería.
Ski Touring at Volcán Llaima (3125m). ). The base of Lonquimay & Llaima have unique natural forest of monkey puzzle trees ( Araucarias). Optional Hot Springs. Dinner & Lodging at Hostería.
Transfer to Pucón. Great scenery driving along Chile´s Lake District. Pucón is a very charming Village, with nice restaurants and good views of Volcán Villarrica. Optional open Hot springs. Lodging at Pucón.
Climb Villarrica ( 2850m); one of the most active volcanoes craters! The panoramic views from the top are stunning: volcanoes Llaima, Lonquimay & Lanin are the main peaks around among others. Lodging at Pucón.
Transfer to Refugio Osorno. Rest day. Good day to Visit Puerto Varas & Puerto Montt, to see the local culture and enjoy fresh seafood! Dinner & Lodging at Refugio Teski.
Climb and Ski Volcán Osorno. (2650m). Elevation gain is about 1400m this day, most of the way we´ll ascend skinning, but the last 600m usually require the use of crampons and rope. Dinner & Lodging at Refugio Teski.
Transfer to Osorno or Bariloche Airport. (You can connect flights to Santiago or Buenos Aires.) End of our services.
*We can accommodate airport pick up at your convenience : Bariloche, Osorno or Temuco Airports for your arrival; and Osorno or Bariloche for your departure.
The Itinerary can be modified and should be considered only as a guide. External factors such us the conditions of the snow or weather conditions could change the original plan, and your Guide will have the criteria to change the program if he consider is necessary. Our Guides will have the last decision in order to modify partially or totally the programs. This shall not entitle passengers to claim any compensation whatsoever
• Private transportation
• Certified Mountain Guide & Ski Guide UIAGM - IFMGA
• 3 nights lodging in Hostería, based on private double rooms.
• 2 nights lodging in Hotel at Pucon, based on private double rooms.
• 2 nights lodging at Refugio Teski (shared dormitories & shared bathroom)
• Detailed meals on program
• First Aid Kit
• VHF Radio or Sat Phone communication
• Personal Equipment (Please see detailed list below)
• Personal insurance (It´s mandatory to hired your own accidents and rescue insurance)
• Restaurant Meals
• Lift Tickets
• Alcoholic drinks
• Services not specified
• Backpacks 30 and 45 liters
• Sleeping Bag
• Head lump
• Water bottle and small thermo flask
• Merino or synthetic base layers
• Polar 100 and wind stopper
• Down or synthetic hooded jacket
• 2 pairs of gloves
• Warm hut and buff
• Extra socks
• Waterproof pants and Jacket ( Gore-Tex)
• Lens and goggles • Sun bloc & lip protection
• Ski touring set: Skis, skins, boots, ski crampons, ski poles ( compressible ideal).
• Crampons & Ice Axe*
• Safety avalanche set: Shovel, beacon, probe*
• Helmet (optional)
If you need to rent some of these items, please let us know in advance
Please make sure you have all requested equipment, let us konw if you need advice for buying or renting