Double rooms & Mountain Hut
1-4 people per guide
Vigorous - Must be physically fit
August - September
Reception at Bariloche Airport and transfer to your Hotel. Briefing with your guide; equipment check and details of the program. Lodging at Bariloche
One hour drive to Catedral Ski Resort. Ski off-piste around Catedral mountain ( Lagunita area at Punta Princesa). Lodging at Bariloche.
Drive to Catedral Ski Resort. We´ll take the lifts to reach the ridge of the mountain, and start our traverse to Frey Hut over the “Col del Viento”. Excellent views of Nahuel Huapi Lake and the surrounding mountains! We´ll ski down the Van Titter valley, and then skin up to Refugio Frey. Lodging at Refugio Frey.
We have the entire day to go ski touring with a light pack, around the frozen “Laguna Toncek”, surrounded by granite towers. Slopes and chutes to choose according to snow and weather conditions. Lodging at Refugio Frey.
Possible ski in the morning, and back to Catedral Ski area in the afternoon. If conditions are good, we will go back to Catedral by “Piedra Inclinada” pass. Transfer back to Bariloche. Lodging at Bariloche.
Ski Touring at Cerro Lopez Area. After 1r drive to Circuito Chico, and we will approach to the snow by a mountain trail, and then skiining up Filo de las Cabras or Pico Turista, this is a very scenic place to ski, with amazing views ! Drive back to Bariloche. Lodging at Bariloche.
Transfer to Airport. End of our services.
Note : The Itinerary can be modified and should be considered only as a guide. External factors such us the conditions of the snow or weather conditions could change the original plan, and your Guide will have the criteria to change the program if he consider is necessary.
• Private Transfer
• Certified Mountain Guide UIAGM - IFMGA
• 4WD transportation
• 3 nights lodging in Bariloche, based on private double rooms.
• 2 nights at Refugio Frey (dormitories, sleeping bag required)
• All meals in the Mountains
• First Aid Kit
• VHF Radio or Sat Phone communication
Personal Equipment (Please see detailed list below)
Personal insurance (It´s mandatory to hired your own accidents and rescue insurance)
Services not specified
• Backpacks 30 and 45 liters
• Sleeping Bag
• Head lump
• Water bottle and small thermo flask
• Merino or synthetic base layers
• Polar 100 and wind stopper
• Down or synthetic hooded jacket
• 2 pairs of gloves
• Warm hut and buff
• Extra socks
• Waterproof pants and Jacket ( Gore-Tex)
• Lens and goggles • Sun bloc & lip protection
• Ski touring set: Skis, skins, boots, ski crampons, ski poles ( compressible ideal).
• Crampons & Ice Axe*
• Safety avalanche set: Shovel, beacon, probe*
• Helmet (optional)
If you need to rent some of these items, please let us know in advance
Please make sure you have all requested equipment, let us konw if you need advice for buying or renting