2 or 3 days
2 or 3 days
November to March
1 - 2 people per guide
Climbing experience required
We will drive early in the morning from Bariloche towards the base of “Cerro Catedral” (30min). From there we will go up the trail that takes us to the Frey hut, located at 1700m (about 3hs approx.) If the weather is favorable and there is enough energy, in the afternoon we can climb the “Sifuentes-Weber” route at “Aguja Frey”. (sustained difficulty in the V degree) or “Jim's crack and dihedral”.
After breakfast, we will leave early to the base of the Main Tower (approx 1 hour approach)
The route consists of 3 pitches of 5.8 climbing and the last one of 5.10a.
The panoramic views from the summit are breathtaking !! After pictures, we will rappel down the same route and return to the Hut. Descent to the base of the Cathedral and return to Bariloche.
Optional: There is the possibility to extend the program one more day, and take advantage of the morning of day 3 to climb another classics routes at “El Abuelo” or “M2” needle and descend to Bariloche in the afternoon.
• Certified Mountain Guide UIAGM-IFMGA
• First aid Kit
• VHF or In-reach radio communication
• Group equipment for Rock Climbing: Friends, nuts, quickdraws, ropes, etc.
• Lodging at Frey hut
• Transfers from Bariloche (to be arranged)
• Personal equipment (see detailed list below)
• Personal travel & rescue insurance ( mandatory)
• Services not specified
• Backpacks: 20 and 50 liters
• Light sleeping bag
• Personal hygiene set
• Pocket knife
• Bottle of water (1 liter)
• Light trekking shoes ( approach shoes ideal)
• Synthetic underwear (shirt and pants)
• Mid-layer sweater or fleece and / or wind-stopper
• Light trek pants or softshell pants
• Puff jacket with hood (down or synthetic)
• Leather gloves
• Warm hat and buff
• Sun hat
• Thermal socks
• Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex)
• Sunscreen and lip protection
• Telescopic poles
• Rock climbing shoes
• Chalk bag (optional)
• 4 locking carabiners
• ATC Guide or reverso
• Personal anchor system
• 5mm prusik cord
(*) NOTE: This equipment can be rented in Bariloche, please let us know in advance.
Please make sure you have all requested equipment, let us konw if you need advice for buying or renting