Difficulty: Expert skiers
Lodging: Mountain Hut
1-4 people per guide
July to September
Briefing with your guide at Bariloche; check equipment and details of the program
Drive to Catedral Ski Resort. We´ll take the lifts to reach the ridge of the mountain, and start our traverse to Frey Hut over the “Col del Viento”. Excellent views of Nahuel Huapi Lake and the surrounding mountains! We´ll ski down the Van Titter valley, and then skin up to Refugio Frey. Alternative ski to Piedra Inclinada in the afternoon.
Lodging at Refugio Frey.
We have the entire day to go ski touring with a light pack, around the frozen “Laguna Toncek”, surrounded by granite towers. Slopes and chutes to choose according to snow and weather conditions.
Lodging at Refugio Frey. .
Possible ski in the morning, and back to Catedral Ski area in the afternoon. We will choose a different way back if conditions allow it.
Drive back to Bariloche.
Note: The Itinerary can be modified and should be considered only as a guide. External factors such us the conditions of the snow or weather conditions could change the original plan, and your Guides will have the criteria to change the program if they consider is necessary.
Certified Mountain Guide UIAGM - IFMGA
First Aid Kit
VHF Radio or Sat Phone communication
Personal Equipment (Please see detailed list below)
Personal insurance (It´s mandatory to hired your own accidents and rescue insurance)
Services not specified
• 45 liters Backpack
• Sleeping Bag ( light and small , down ideal)
• Head lamp
• Water bottle 1 liter and small thermo flask 500cc
• Merino or synthetic base layers
• Mid layer and wind stopper
• Down or synthetic hooded jacket
• 2 pairs of gloves ( thin and thick)
• Warm hut, sun hat and buff
• Extra socks
• Waterproof pants and Jacket ( Gore-Tex)
• Lens and goggles
• Sun bloc & lip protection
• Ski touring set: Skis, skins, boots, ski crampons, telescopic poles.
• Crampons & Ice Axe * ( light weight)
• Safety avalanche set: Shovel, beacon, probe
• Helmet ( optional)
If you need to rent some of these items, please let us know in advance
Please make sure you have all requested equipment, let us konw if you need advice for buying or renting