We´ll leave El Chaltén early in the morning, transfer to Hostería El Pilar.After passing Fitz Roy camp, We will continue up to Laguna de los Tres and, continuing up, we will mount the rocky ridge east of Cerro Madsen.
Depending on the time of the year, it is common to find some snow patches above. In the prescence of snow, we will most likely use crampons, ice axe and short roping.
The view from the top is possibly the most imposing and closest view to mount Fitz Roy and Piedras Blancas Glacier. We´ll descent back same way to El Chaltén. This is a long day, estimating from 12 to 14 hours of activity.
• Waterproof trekking boots (*)
• 30L dayack
• Walking poles
• sun-block and lip balm
• pocket knife
• water bottle (1l)
• trekking pants
• Sweater (medium weight)
• Insulated hooded jacket(down or or synthetic)
• Waterproof pants & parka (gore-tex)
• Fleece jacket or wind stopper
• Windstopper and waterproof gloves (plus spares)
• Sun cap & wool or fleece hat
• Buff, or balaclava